I do software engineering.
Here's where I put public thoughts longer than a
The usual introduction goes like:
Climate + Tech. Experienced software engineer. Been through Nokia, F-Secure, LShift, OliverWyman, universities. Have built large backend systems, frontends, mobile frameworks, done DevOps and academic work, have sorted out teams, done data science etc, etc. Have also done architecture work, but like to keep at least one foot on the ground.
Working on convincing companies to build more efficient systems → lower power → cheaper to run → lower CO2.
Details in the CV.
@email@example.com | @firstname.lastname@example.org | @hemul | @jbu | @jamesuther | @jimbarama | james.uther at gmail
- 2022-12-24 ‐ Technical notes on this web site.
- 2022-05-15 ‐ Three Issues that sum up Technical Debt
- 2020-10-02 ‐ In defense of breaking changes
- 2020-08-27 ‐ NFRs considered harmful
- 2020-01-06 ‐ Gardencam
- 2019-10-28 ‐ UK Parking Areas
- 2018-03-08 ‐ QCon: Improving Life in Smaller, Heterogeneous Projects
- 2016-03-29 ‐ Application Patterns for the Outernet
- 2015-10-30 ‐ The Life Changing Magic of Refactoring
- 2015-08-11 ‐ GA4GH
- 2015-07-09 ‐ Signal Strength
- 2015-06-30 ‐ On being almost there
- 2015-04-30 ‐ Swarming Spark
- 2015-03-31 ‐ Let's run science, part iota!
- 2015-02-27 ‐ Lunchtime Hack - Lets Run Science!
- 2014-12-24 ‐ Playing with open NHS data, and a rant
- 2014-11-28 ‐ Codemesh Day 1
- 2013-07-31 ‐ Expanding Reducers